Sunday, 8 May 2011



Welcome to my first every blog.

I thought I would start by introducing myself and showing you my glass studio. 

I am Wendy Jeavons and I make handmade fused glass from my studio Red Brick Glass on the Dorset coast.I live with my husband and three children.

I gained a 1st class honours degree in Glass and Architectural Glass from Edinburgh College of Art in 2000. I then set up my studio with support from the Crafts Council's Setting Up Scheme. I returned to glass last year after taking  a few year of to have my children.

I use kiln formed glass techniques to create my work. Elements such as sheet glass, granules, rods and enamel transfers are fused together in the glass kiln.I use beautiful glass colours, petal pinks, sage greens, duck egg blue and cherry red and incorporate screen-printed designs in pretty florals, fun polka dots and stripes.






2 comments:

  1. great 1st post...looks like a fab workspace,I love the things you make as well as all the things that make you smile....they are all on my list toooo..good luck with the blog and your business.
    Trish xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your first post!! Lovely looking blog & website - as dainty & pretty as your lovely glass.
    ~Jane

    ReplyDelete